• Kansas City leads the all-time series between the two teams, 18-11-7 … all 36 previous meetings between the Revs and Wizards have been part of the MLS regular season, so Wednesday night’s SuperLiga match will be the first-ever meeting outside of league action.
- New England has struggled at home against Kansas City in the all-time series, going just 5-9-4 against the Wizards in Foxborough … remarkably, the Revs are just 1-6-4 against the Wizards at Gillette Stadium since the facility opened in 2002.
- The Revolution’s only win over the Wizards at Gillette Stadium occurred on Aug. 2, 2007, when the Revs earned a 2-0 victory.
- The Revs and Wizards met in MLS regular-season action less than two weeks ago, with Kansas City earning a 3-1 win at CommunityAmerica Ballpark on June 13.
- The Revs and Wizards will meet again just 17 days after Wednesday night’s SuperLiga showdown in an MLS regular-season match on July 11 … including their previous league match on June 13, the teams will play each other three times in a span of 29 days.
- Wednesday night’s match will be the second of four overall meetings between the Revolution and Wizards this season, and the first of three at Gillette Stadium … New England will host Kansas City in MLS regular-season action on July 11 and Sept. 5.